8/11/2011

Wonders of Hk

Been done with the program but still have many essays to write. Meh

Hong Kong's been awesome. And I mean awesome. It's nearing the end of my 2 weeks of stay here and in less than 5 days Ill be flying to motherland.  I couldn't have spent my days in HK better.

Hong Kong is the place to be.  It has everything- boasting the vibrant city life interconnected by efficient and affordable transportation system (trams, buses, mtr, taxis) as well as beautiful islands that are easily accessible by ferries or cable cars.  How much more can you ask for?  This is truly the model city of the 21st century.  If you're young and looking for some exciting 20's, visiting HK should be a top priority.

street shopping in mong kok

many, many ballin malls here
ah the good ol view from Chinese Univ. of HK. i miss waking up to it


almost as busy as shinjuku

dimsum originated here and is usually eaten for breakfast

so tall...ah my eyes hurt!

my favorite street snack- egg waffles : )

hk is rich in culture as well. dragon boat race at Cheung Chau Island! I got lucky

I love ports!

and I love to eat next to ports

I used to not like cats... not saying I do now. But they are pretty interesting. Super keen

Cable car upto Lentau Island to see...

BIG BUDDHA! hello there

how fishermen and islanders still live


chilllin.....walking around the old village like elders

cartilage earring I bought to represent and remind myself

One of the best meals here. Wonton noodles with beefball and iced milk tea. FAVORITE! This place was a featured one and had newspaper articles all around
Swimming at Cheung Chau Island after wearing the thickest top on apparently the hottest day of the summer. Swam to the buoy in the distance and relaxed. I love hk.

One hour ride getaway to the islands from the busy city

Bar hopping at lan kwai fong in Central. Love

stunning view from star ferry. 360 degree view of citylights so beautiful. much better than the peak I think.


Great start. Loved the company and will miss it much.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha niiiice! I liked the pictures so much! It seems you're ejoying yourself Youkie! We miss you! dang.. study abroad for the year huh.. I didn't even know you were going for the whole year! Well.. we're praying for you and we'll be waiting for you back at home! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daaaaaaang Ellie! I'm loving your pictures and your blog. Seriously makes me want to go travel again. I freaking loved the picture of the night lights of Hong Kong. I miss you and I can't wait for you to get back!

    ReplyDelete