4/10/2012

ask me anything

It's been so long since I've really blogged!

FINALLY DONE W ALL CLASSES!!!!! FOR THE 2011-2012 ACAD YEAR!

Such a journey of academics this year has been. Paradigm shifting of entire view on studying. Having been through field studies (studying in class then visiting site or studying at site), told of behind-the-scene stories personally by prof once an ambassador, witnessed a prof using harsh measures and making students cry, led a class discussion by self, dreadfully experienced how to bore students to sleep, knocked out a whole tin of cookies that Prof bought from London for us and seeing how good of a character he was through his response, getting myself to go to Chinese class at 8am to watch a movie in Mandarin..

---through all, I'm realizing more that learning is not merely about books and attending lectures. No, it means running like a crazed person in the thunderstorm to see that China needs to seriously tackle its drainage issue; visiting DMZ and peeking out to North Korea to understand the tension btwn the north and south; holding patience in working with different group members; skipping class to journey out to taste some of the nation's most heartfelt food; booking a flight to Taiwan to test how much I've learned in Chinese class. : ]

Club Street at Chinatown

BBQ Stingray and mussels at Serangoon
  
ケーキ

Wo yao liang long xiao long baoo


This week I got to be an ambassador for UCLA admitted sg students! Got to meet admission staff and give personal advice to hs graduates.... : ] coooL! EAP had farewell dinner, a sign that things are nearing its end here. Saw a lone traveler at Clarke and really regretted not making a convo... what if I face the same situation?! D: Had an awesomee Easter service at enc, lives of healing and renewal. Heard them before, but these people were so real and honest and were truly themselves testifying about His power to give them Life.  

Wow I have so much to write about but I can't write them all.



Ask me anything :p

2 comments: