7/12/2011

Overseas

I've never been so happy to be able to go on Facebook and Blogger.

My first impression of China once I got off the plane- INTIMIDATING. I couldn't believe I was in China, the country of the ancient past, the power of the future world economy, the nation of the red communist party. To add to my intimidation, there were guards to every entrance in the airport. The bathroom lady even checked my stall after I got out......da hell. I'm no terrorist. Just Korean.

The feeling of cynicism came next as I got into the wrong, or rather fake, taxi. Even after my prof advised us not to follow drivers who approach us, I had let my guard down and had entirely forgotten. Yeah, got jipped but at least I caught on earlier and bargained the price.

I have to keep reminding myself I'm in China now, and must be on my toes...which reminds me of one culture shock: vehicles before pedestrians. Omg literally running and watching out for my LIFE!!

The picture on the left was taken at wangfujing, a tourist attraction area that some of my good companies and I went to last night. So glad to have friends who can speak mandarin.

Phrase of the post: ni ke yi geigh wo iwan mi fan ma? (can I have a bowl of rice?)

2 comments:

  1. See if the Underground City is open

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you get to go to mao's cemetary? i hear people can see his body

    ReplyDelete