7/21/2011

my greatest fear

I found it at last. Thunderstorms.


Last night I woke up to some CRRRAZY thunderstorms... felt like the world was going to end anytime. yikes. it's so unpredictable. the lightening strikes, and the wait for the thunder is horrendous to my soul.  the worst part is you never know whether it will be quieter or louder than the one before.  An absolutely unpleasant feeling.

Anyways, I'm finally adjusting to this life of a traveler. Taking life easy and slow right now....... gotta build some stamina first.

These are some pictures from the Summer Palace and the Temple of Heaven, two of which the royal family accessed occasionally.  Such leisurely lives.

Beautifully peaceful- summer palace

Lotuses. Don't know why people go crazy over them and still don't know why.

common scene in China- many many people and a GUARD (ugh even in elevators)

looking out into the Kunming Lake


Temple of Heaven for the emperors


I found a smokin' buddha.

until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment