International Relations in EA- taught by ROK's ambassador to Australia. Close friends with ambassadors to Singapore and some European countries. He is so humorous and gives practical examples. Couldn't make it to first class so he video-recorded himself. Humble professor actually. I like
Intermediate Japanese- found out that the prof is actually an alum of UCLA! He thinks our class of 6 students (iknow -_-) is inadequate for the intermediate level and I agree (including myself). But he is a nice Japanese man
Korean Language and Culture- Easy. Funnily arrogant and prideful (in her ancestors through her surname) ajummah professor.
Politics and Society in North Korea- So I picked up this class on the last day of enrollment in a scurry of finding a decent last course that will keep me in the study abroad program. I go to class this morning, and ...............I become the TA.
International Conflicts and Cooperation- Taught by the same professor (Korean man with British accent) above and I also got to be the TA for this class Heh. Good stuff
During the first week of trying out new classes and professors, I came to understand that Yonsei professors teaching courses in English actually have very prestigious educational backgrounds. As a side note, however, most are extremely proud of it and talk about their past as if it were a lecture topic.
Today was an academically eventful day. I got to stumble inside a class where I met a professor who laid out many opportunities before me. The past couple of days Ive been huffing and puffing about why I ended up in Korea. Life seemed very mellow partly cause I chose it to be. But today proved to me that every day is a new day filled with surprises if you allow them to unfold.
Never before have I texted with professors nor shared a meal (and have them pay) with them until I came here. Cool : )
That's pretty cool! Sounds like your academic life will be more different and interesting than in the past; I agree that the professor-student relationship culture here is definitely a bit different than what we're used to, but neat at the same time.
ReplyDeleteSo tell me, how does one allow a new day to unfold?