The world seems so small when you run into a familiar person more than 6k miles away. Three encounters speak for themselves-
-My Japanese TA back at UCLA. I took her Japanese classes for two semesters and she wrote me a letter of rec for my study abroad app for Japan. She was in her graduate program in Korean while she was TAing for Japanese..... and I ran into her at a school convenient store at Yonsei.
-High school friend who was studying here for one year. Wasn't too close so didn't plan to meet... but ran into him right before my class started in the hallway. Time, place, what are the chances...
-Today I saw an old friend J1 befriended back in Japan summer 2010. Was waiting for the service to start at Onnuri when I saw 3 Japanese guys walk by. From the back it looked like my friend but I thought, no way he'd be in Korea! and what do you know... I look down to play with my phone and look up, and he's staring wide eyed at me. Too crazy