10/31/2011

Omoshiroi

To put a smile on another is a beautiful thing.



So is fall foliage.
What a busy, fun, crazy, eventful, confusing weekend...




4 months down, 6 more to go. It's hard to believe I won't be returning to the place I call home, where my friends and immediate family live, until 6 months later.  At the same time, living in my very motherland where I first tasted breath kind of feels nice.  Rekindling relationships with my cousins and relatives have definitely spiced up my stay here... especially being the younger one and being taken care of.  Not only through family, but I have encountered and deepened friendships with older people through extracurricular activities in this very community-oriented place called Korea.

I oftentimes find myself feeling so fortunate for having learned English in its native land.  It has opened up opportunities to teach as well as options of where to reside after graduation.  Never before have I realized how great of an impact the fluency of the most-spoken-language-in-the-world could have on one's path.  To some, it is just a set of words that gets them through daily activities and interactions; yet it is a language that unites all kinds of ethnicity, whether spoken in broken pieces or arranged in fancy sentences.  

Beauty of the most seemingly given abilities;
Embraced.

1 comment: